Although I came into the profession for different reasons, as I have grown personally and professionally over the years, I've developed a strong sense of purpose about the work of creating the most dynamic, empowering, and life-changing environments possible for student learning. I have grown in my passion and in my commitment to help others be successful.
When a person develops a passion and purpose for his or her work, it no longer becomes work at all. Fellow #MOedchat moderator Ted Huff made this clear in his #blogchallenge post. It is truly a privilege to be an educator and have the opportunity to work alongside forward-thinking, difference-making people every single day.
So I love being an educator because...
- It's great to be in a profession that has a legacy of changed lives and building dreams.
- We get to take risks and try new things and teach our students to be lifelong learners.
- I get to share in all the successes and celebrations of our students and school.
- I am surrounded by rock stars everyday. I am constantly amazed at the talents and contributions of students, teachers, counselors, support staff, and our entire awesome community.
- Educators care about one another and care about kids!
- It's great to have a sense of community and feel like we are all pulling in the same direction.
- Our work has significance! We are part of something BIG, much larger than ourselves.
- We get to have FUN! When students and teachers are smiling, there is more learning.
- Teachers are super heroes!
- It's challenging work! We have to be problem-solvers and find success even in impossible situations.
- Parents entrust me with their most valuable asset, their kids.
Two questions that can change your life from Daniel Pink on Vimeo.